A domain can easily be transferred from one TransIP account to another via the so-called "TransIP Handover".
You can transfer a domain from one TransIP account to another account using the following steps:
- Log in to the control panel of the account where the domain is currently registered
- Click 'Domains & Hosting'
- Check the checkbox in front of the domain that you would like to transfer
- On the right hand side you will be able to click "TransIP internal push"
- After clicking this button, you can enter the receiving account and click 'Handover'
It is important that the handover of the domain is now accepted by the receiving account. Accepting the handover can be done as follows:
- Log in to the control panel of the receiving account
- Click your account name in the top right corner of the screen
- Click "My Account"
- Click on "Transfers"
- You can now click the H-number that corresponds with the handover that you can either accept or deny
Important: An internal handover will transfer all current services that are related to the domain such as webhosting or forwarding service. The nameservers, DNS settings and WHOIS-settings for the domain will also be transferred and can be edited after the domain has been pushed.
For safety reasons a domain can only be transferred 17 days after a registration or transfer via the TransIP Internal Push.
It is also possible to transfer a domain from another TransIP account to your own account. This can be done using the regular 'transfer' option. For more information, please consult the following page: How do I transfer my domain(s) to TransIP?