You can transfer a VPS from one TransIP account to another by means of an internal "Handover".
You can use the following steps to perform this internal handover:
- Log in to the control panel of the account that currently owns the VPS.
- Click on the tab "BladeVPS" at the top of the screen.
- Select the VPS you want to handover to a different account.
- Select the cogwheel on the right side of the interface and select "Handover".
- Enter the TransIP account-name you wish to transfer the VPS to and select "Handover".
To finalize the transfer the handover still has to be accepted from the new account. You can do this as followed:
- Log in to control panel of the receiving account.
- Select the account-name of the account on the top right-side of the interface.
- Select "My Account"
- Select "Transfers"
- Select the H-number which lists the VPS that is being transferred.
- Select "Accept"
- Attached Big Storage-partitions, HA-IP, the VPS mailservice configuration, or attached private networks are NOT included in this handover as they are separate services and can also be attached to other VPS. For the transfer of a Big Storage you can use the following steps. Furthermore, a VPS will be renamed to the new account and this will cause for a short reboot.
- The VPS mailservice configuration does remain intact in a handover, but its configured to use a username / password that is specific to the TransIP account. We recommend removing the VPS mailservice configuration prior to the handover, and that the new owner configures the VPS mailservice again after the handover is completed.
- Discounts (e.g. from a promotional campaign) are not transferable.