When expanding the disk space of your VPS, you will first need to add this extra disk space to a partition in order for your OS to be able to use this disk space. After upgrading your VPS or after ordering a SSD AddOn you will not immediately see this extra space within Windows Server.
Please note! Always make a snapshot before expanding a partition! The process of expanding a partition is error-sensitive and it's important that you can always fall back on a snapshot to restore the state of your VPS.
- Go to "Start" – "Administrative Tools" – "Computer Management". You can also reach"Computer Management" by selecting "Tools" in the Server Manager.
- Navigate to "Disk Management."
- Check to see if free space is available.
- Right-click on the partition that you would like to extend. Now select 'Extend Volume'.
- Click "Next".
- Now submit the total number of megabytes that you would like to add and select 'Next' again.
- Click 'Finish' to complete the wizard and start using the extra disk space!