TransIP Responsible disclosure policyWe take the security of our systems and our users very seriously, and we value the security community. The responsible disclosure of security vulnerabilities helps us ensure the security and privacy of our users.
We require that all researchers:
- Make every effort to avoid privacy violations, degradation of user experience, disruption to production systems, and destruction of data during security testing;
- Perform research only within the scope set out below;
- Use the identified communication channels to report vulnerability information to us; and
- Keep information about any vulnerabilities you’ve discovered confidential between yourself and TransIP until we’ve had 90 days to resolve the issue.
If you follow these guidelines when reporting an issue to us, we commit to:
- Not pursue or support any legal action related to your research;
- Work with you to understand and resolve the issue quickly (including an initial confirmation of your report within 72 hours of submission);
- Keep you updated on our efforts in solving the issue;
- If you are the first to report the issue and we make a code or configuration change based on the issue, we will award you with a goodie bag.
Out of scope
In the interest of the safety of our users, staff, the Internet at large and you as a security researcher, the following test types are excluded from scope:
- Any tests on services hosted by 3rd party providers and services.
- Tests of applications not under control of TransIP.
- Physical testing such as office access (e.g. open doors, tailgating).
- Social Engineering (e.g. phishing, vishing).
- Tests on any applications or systems not listed in the ‘Scope’ section.
- Testing for UI and UX bugs and spelling mistakes.
- Network level Denial of Service (DoS/DDoS) vulnerabilities.
Things we do not wish to receive from you are the following:
- Personally identifiable information (PII)
- Creditcard holder data
How to report a security vulnerability?
If you believe you’ve found a security vulnerability in one of our products or platforms please send it to us by emailing email@example.com. Please include the following details with your report:
- Description of the location and potential impact of the vulnerability;
- A detailed description of the steps required to reproduce the vulnerability (POC scripts, screenshots, and compressed screen captures are all helpful to us); and
- Your name/handle and a link for recognition in our Hall of Fame.
If you’d like to encrypt the information, please use our PGP-key: (ID: 6D0E2A2E, Fingerprint: 5CF5 61BE C0AA AE11 8164 6576 4FDD F923 6D0E 2A2E).