This is the seventh and final part of our DirectAdmin Tutorial Series. If you are planning a new VPS, then we recommend starting with part 1 and to not skip any parts.
The configuration of your VPS is done! You now have a secure, up-to-date VPS on which you can host your websites, databases, and email.
These tutorial series are intended to provide a solid foundation for your DirectAdmin VPS. Of course, there are more possibilities than discussed in this series and it may happen that you have questions about other functions of DirectAdmin later. In that case, you can use the following sources:
- Our Knowledge Base: Couldn’t find a topic that you would like to have covered here, or do you have feedback about the content of an article? Let us know by leaving a comment under an article!
Of course, you can also use the 'Contact Us' button under an article to contact our support heroes!
- The DirectAdmin knowledge base: DirectAdmin has an excellent knowledge base. Do not hesitate to take a look at this for information on additional topics.
- The DirectAdmin Forum: DirectAdmin has an active forum community of helpful people with a lot of knowledge. If you can’t find the solution to a problem, you usually have a fitting answer on the forums within a day.
Extra options for your VPS
Above, we address DirectAdmin itself, but there is much more possible with your VPS when combined with DirectAdmin. For example, you might want to add an extra IPv4 or IPv6 address or use our mail service. Below is a brief overview of some useful additional features and corresponding links where you can find more information about:
- VPS-mail service: Our VPS mail service (also known as ‘carefree mailing’) is a service that is meant to make the guaranteed and spam-free sending of mail as easy as possible. This article shows you how to use the mail service.
- Adding an extra IPv4- of IPv6-address: If you offer many domains, you may not want to host each domain on the same IP (e.g. if you host competing websites). You add an extra IPv4 or IPv6 address with the steps in this article. Use the steps for CentOS 7 for this.
- Big Storage: If you process a lot of data (e.g. a website with a lot of video material, or a lot of emails), you may need extra storage. With Big Storage, you easily add 2TB HDD storage space, up to a max of 400TB.
- HA-IP (High Availability IP): Do you want to use a load balancer to spread the load over multiple VPSs, or ensure that when you experience downtime on a VPS for whatever reason, visitors to your website are directed to your other VPS? HA-IP (Pro) offers you these options!
In these tutorial series you have safely set up your DirectAdmin-VPS and you are ready to host all your websites, databases and email!
Should you have any questions left regarding this article, do not hesitate to contact our support department. You can reach them via the ‘ContactUs’ button at the bottom of this page.
If you want to discuss this article with other users, please leave a message under 'Comments'.