With most TLD's, such as .nl, a transfer works with an 'authorisation code', sometimes also called a 'token' or 'transfer code'. There are also a number of TLD's that have different procedures. For the TLD .uk (and .co.uk) there is a special transfer procedure as well.
The procedure for transferring a .co.uk or .uk domain is as follows:
- Enter the domain name in our domainchecker and click on 'Check'
- You will see the results and a blue tab 'Transfer' above the results.
- Click 'Choose' on the right side of the domain name that you wish to transfer, then click 'Continue' at the bottom right.
- Choose whether you want to order a webhostingpackage with the domain name or whether you want to proceed without web hosting.
- If you wish to change the WHOIS data or nameservers of the domain name, then you can do this by clicking on 'Edit WHOIS and nameservers' at the top right.
- Check your order in the Order Summary and if everything is correct you can click on 'Order'.
The transfer of the domain name will now become visible in your controlpanel. In order to transfer the domain name the next steps are necessary:
- The 'registrar-tag' of the domain name at your current provider needs to be changed.
- Ask your current provider to change the registrar-tag of the domain name to: KEY-SYSTEMS-DE. This will transfer the domain name to our UK-registration partner.
The transfer will then be processed and should be finished within a number of minutes.